Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Best Cookies Ever!!!

Well, at least in my opinion....The little tweaks I have made to this recipe make the cookies light and fluffy and chewy and a little more "spicy" if you will. Okay, now I'm drooling....

Here's what you need:
1/2 cup butter (I use "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" Sticks)
1 cup sugar (you can also sub granulated Splenda)
2 eggs (or egg substitute)
1 tablespoon milk (I use Silk Almond milk)
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups flour (I use wheat flour)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pumpkin Pie Spice to taste

Here's what to do:
Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
Add half of the flour and baking powder, stir in Pumpkin Pie spice, milk and vanilla, then the remaining flour mixture. Mix only until combined.
Drop cookie dough by the spoonful approx 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet .

Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon sugar, or grated nuts, if desired. (I use a little sugar and cinnamon on top of mine--makes it taste more like a snickerdoodle.)

Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden on edges of cookies (depends on size). Decrease oven temperature if cookies are browning too quickly.

They will look something like this when they come out...

(image from quickcookierecipes.net)

Voila! Perfectly wonderful cookies!

(My recipe above was adapted from this recipe on cooks.com.)

No comments:

Post a Comment