Thursday, October 20, 2011

Stacey Lately

Have you ever been in a rut? I have. Many times. And it sucks.

For a while, I feel like my hubby and I have been stuck in a rut. Don't get me wrong, our marriage is wonderful and we are getting along just fine. Thank God, it's nothing like that at all.

I'm just talking about the day-to-day being just same ol' same ol'.

The main rut-inducing culprit is this: We had gotten back into the habit of coming in, sitting on our butts, eating fast food and junk food (which to me is totally gross---that stuff is verrrryyy bad for you and doesn't even taste that good--well, except for the junk food. Oh yeah, and it makes you fat. And it's expensive. Trust me, I could go on and on...)

Anyway, here lately for the past couple weeks, I have been trying hard to get us out of that rut! I have been going to hip-hop aerobics with a girl from work (btw, I have lost 3 lbs this week!) and have been trying to eat at home more and take healthier snacks to work so I won't be tempted to eat junk.

But, I think the major "getting us out of a rut" factor is seeing how very close my hubby is to graduating with his undergrad! He only has 12 classes left after this semester, so technically, he could be done in a year to 1 1/2 years!!! It all just depends on how much financial aid we get each semester.

That is very exciting to me. It makes me have that same feeling I used to have in my early twenties when I felt like I was almost out of school and had my whole life ahead of me.

I am sooooo looking foward to trying to start a family, save for the future, etc. I don't know what the future holds, but I know the One who does and I am excited to see what and where he calls us to next!

No comments:

Post a Comment