Saturday, July 2, 2011

This Weekend = So Far, So Good!

I love July 4th weekend! My hubby and I never travel anywhere because: A) it's too darn crowded at the beaches, and B) people at our places of employment who have more senority than us usually ask off, so we couldn't take a vacay this week even if we wanted to!

Even though we don't ever hit the road for the 4th, we always manage to have lots of fun! For instance, this past Friday, we cruised through the drive-thru at the closest Starbucks for our usual venti soy caramel latte and venti iced coffee with milk and 4 splendas.


Then, we headed to a local discount used bookstore. (Umm it's actually more like a discount book warehouse!) Jesse wanted to go look for some Theological and/or Greek books to add to his ever-growing collection, but he didn't find anything...


I, on the other hand, found 5 books--a dairy free/vegetarian cookbook, three novels, and a book of afgans from 1976! It even has a message someone wrote on the inside to the person they gave the book to. (I think that's mostly why I decided to buy it.)
  

 After that, we picked up some General Tzo's chicken and pork fried rice and ate Chinese takeout while we watched Ernest Goes to Camp. (This is a really cute movie, know what I mean?) LOL


Today, we got up early and I made breakfast...

After that, we cleaned and cleaned...

Tomorrow, we are going to get up early so we can teach a friend's 3rd grade Sunday School class since he and his wife are going out of town. My front stoop also needs to be changed from it's Spring decor to something a little more summery, so hopefully that's what I have in store for the afternoon.

And for Monday, we are going to watch our local Minor League baseball team, the Carolina Mudcats, play. After the game, they are going to do fireworks for the 4th. So excited! Pics and info to come....

1 comment: