Sunday, July 10, 2011

Even though we ain't got money, I'm so in love with you honey...

As you know from my last post, my hubs and I celebrated our 6th anniversary yesterday! We had such a sweet day together...


 First, we got up around 8:30ish and exchanged cards. I was told several times by Jesse, "do not buy me a gift. We do not have money for you to buy me one." (This is nothing new for us "broke college kids"--don't feel sorry for us, though--we are very blessed!) So, I did not buy him a gift. Instead, I made him a cute little list of things I wanted us to do together :)

He, on the other hand, surprised me with these beautiful earrings that one of my former co-workers made.

Her name is Ginger and her stuff is awesome! Click here to check it out...

After that super sweet display of affection, Jesse was tired and wanted to go back to sleep, so I went to Bruggers to get us some bagels and coffee. By the time I showed back up to the house, he was snoozing, so I enjoyed my delicious breakfast alone. (Ya snooze, ya lose! LOL) Finally, I was able to coax him out of bed and he joined me on the sofa to eat and watch "Gnomeo and Juliet"--so cute!


After that, I wanted to go to the NC Art Museum, but it felt more like nap time, so we headed back to bed.

Zzzzzzzzzz.......

After a looooonnnnnnggggg nap, it was too late for the museum, so we got up and got ready for him to take me out to eat at Cracker Barrel. Now, this may not seem like much to you, but it is to us because A.) As I mentioned before, we are poor, and B.) it is such a long way for us to drive there so it's a treat for us :)




We had an awesome meal and then headed back home to enjoy this Vegan Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream that I made...

And the ever-crucial Starbucks (soy caramel latte and coffee frapuccino) yummm!!!


 The Starbucks was so we could stay up to watch the new Yogi Bear movie...it was cute too!

And after our super fun day together, we went to bed happy...and we didn't do everything on the list but we still had an awesome day together celebrating 6 years of marriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment