Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ketchup

Soo, I know I haven't blogged in a while. It's because I haven't really done anything worth blogging about....or so I thought. Here is a "catch-up" blog on what I have been doing for the past few weeks in my "blogisphere absence"....

First and foremost, I have been nauseated, sick to my stomach, and haven't been able to eat much at all for the past 2-3 weeks. After researching the Internet (aka: looking up my symptoms on webmd.com and mayoclinic.com), talking to people, and finally going to the doctor, I am pretty sure it's my gallbladder acting up. I had an ultrasound last Thursday, but it didn't show anything, so I have to go in for an endoscopy on Monday. (yay me.) I will be sure to keep you posted on that.

Also, I don't know if I have ever written about this, but my grandmother, who is my only living grandparent, was diagnosed with the early onset of Alzheimer's disease last year. It really breaks my heart to see her slowly losing her memory and cognitive skills because my whole life, up until recently, she has always been so smart and witty and quick on her feet. She used to beat everyone at Scrabble, Checkers, and Chinese Checkers when we would play at all our family gatherings. She was the first one to step in when someone in our family was having a crisis or needed a free baby-sitter or just needed a hug. (OK, I can already see I will need to have a separate post about her...more on that later...) Anyway, I have decided to join an Alzheimer's caregiver support group, because even though I'm not around her on a daily basis, I would like to offer support to my aunts and uncles and my mother, who are all trying to care for her. I haven't gone to any of the meetings yet. The first one is on Tuesday and if I am feeling well enough, I am planning to attend. I feel like it's the least I can do, even though I cannot begin to pay back this woman for all she has ever done for me. (Will blog about that later, as well...)

Since this is turning into such a looooooooong post, I will just write about one more thing. Exercise. I haven't been getting hardly any for the past few months and I needed something fun to help me get started again and also someone to hold me accountable on my progress. (Let's face it people, if your spouse is the only thing standing between you and the remote and a bag of cookies, he's gonna get knocked out of the way LOL) Anyway, a girl I work with goes to hip-hop aerobics every Thursday night and she invited me to go with her. (Actually, this is like the 4th time she has asked me....but anyway....) So, a couple Thursdays ago (before all the stomach stuff started), I went! I loooove it! It is so fun and upbeat and the girls there are just like me (well, except the instructor and the gym employees--ugh), they need to shed some pounds, too! In fact, this new class excites me so much, and I'm so proud of myself for going, that I bought myself these shoes as a treat!

Well folks, that's what has been going on in my world lately. Through all of this, I can say I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel because my God is bigger than all of this, and He is in control! I hope everyone has a blessed day and I will fill you in on more of my life/creations in the near future....



No comments:

Post a Comment